- Dates: 6-9 February
- Venue: National Tennis Centre
- Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
- Surface: Indoor hard
- Ball: Wilson US Open
1. Kazakhstan (advances to World Group II play-offs on 20-21 April 2013)
4. China, P.R.
5. Chinese Taipei
6. Korea, Rep.
7. India - relegated to Asia/Oceania Zone Group II
Day 1 report
Day 2 report
Day 3 report
Day 4 report
- India: Ankita Raina, Kyra Shroff, Rishika Sunkara, Rutuja Bhosale, Enrico Piperno (captain)
- Kazakhstan: Yaroslava Shvedova, Ksenia Pervak, Galina Voskoboeva, Sesil Karatantcheva, Yuriy Karlov (captain)
- Thailand: Varatchaya Wongteanchai, Luksika Kumkhum, Nudnida Luangnam, Noppawan Lertcheewakarn, Mr Suang Chantra-Urai (captain)
Pool A final positions after round robin: 1. Kazakhstan, 2. Thailand, 3. India.
- China P.R.: Zhou Yi-Miao, Wang Qiang, Tang Hao Chen, Liu Shuo (captain)
- Chinese Taipei: Chang Kai-Chen, Chan Chin-Wei, Lee Hua-Chen, Wang Shi-Ting (captain)
- Korea, Republic: Han Sung-Hee, Lee So-Ra, Yoo Mi, Kang Seo-Kyung, Kang Jeong-Myung (captain)
- Uzbekistan: Akgul Amanmuradova, Nigina Abduraimova, Sabina Sharipova, Dmitriy Tomashevich (captain)
Pool B final positions after round robin: 1. Uzbekistan, 2. China, P.R., 3. Chinese Taipei, 4. Korea., Rep.
- Round-robin basis. One pool of three teams Pool A and one pool of four teams Pool B.
- The winners of each pool will Play-off against each other to determine which one nation will advance to the World Group II Play-offs in April 2013.
- The nations in second place in each pool will Play-off against each other to determine the final position within the group.
- The nation in third position in Pool A will Play-off against the nation in fourth position in Pool B to determine which one nation will be relegated to Asia/Oceania Zone Group II in 2014.
- The third nation in Pool B will not compete in the Play-off.
- One promoted.
- One relegated.